Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Now that you have presented your pitch, you need to continue meeting and take minutes of points discussed and decisions made. One group still needs to upload their presentation.
Some groups have already encountered some practical problems with some of their ideas. You really need to consider the following questions (and be able to answer tehm all with a yes) when making decisions from now on:
1. Is it practical?
2. Is it an idea that works to the strengths of the group?
3. Will it show off the skills you have learnt so far on the course?
4. Is it something you can reasonably shoot and edit in the time available?
5. Can you get access/ permission to shoot in the chosen location at the chosen times?
6. Can you organise lighting to use in that location?
7. Have you included dialogue? If so, will it work to shoot conversation in that location?
8. Do you have guaranteed high quality reliable actors to play the characters?
Finally do please start to answer the Evaluation questions. All members of the group should be aware of them. See previous posts.
Important Health and Safety information for when you are out filming:
It is important to be safe when you are out filming. You will be focusing on your filming but don't forget that you still need to be aware of traffic and people around you.
Always be polite and respectful when interacting with the public.
Do not try to film anything which could be construed by a passer by as illegal.
If you are going to try and film in a public place, you need to approach the people who are in charge of that place for permission.
Do not film in dangerous places.
If you encounter problems, ring the school on 0208 952 2803 and ask to speak to one of us.
Carry the letter we have given you to show to anyone who is asking you what you are doing and why you are out of school.
IMPORTANT: You cannot borrow the school equipment until your parents / guardians have signed the relevant letter. Make sure it is returned as soon as possible.
NOTE: YOU NEED TO HAVE DONE YOUR SHOOT IN THE NEXT THREE WEEKS, BUT DON'T WAIT TOO LONG - DO IT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO ALLOW TIME FOR RE-SHOOT IF NEEDED AND TO START WORKING ON YOUR ROUGH CUT.
DEADLINE 1: YOUR ROUGH CUT MUST BE DONE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, BY THE END OF THE LESSON ON TUESDAY 15TH DECEMBER.
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
1. What lessons have you learnt about the pre-production and production processes?
2. What mistakes did you make and will learn from?
3. What can you do to improve the continuity in your sequence, including refining its editing (i.e. the final cut as opposed to the rough cut produced so far)?
If you haven't finished your rough cut, find me asap to complete it before the end of the week.
The "Day dream" sequence needs to be up on your blogs as well with a short evaluation... There are some classic continuity mistakes that I hope you can learn from, but you need to identify them first. Live it; learn it!
Evaluation Questions and Sub Questions
Work hard and take care over the quality of your written expression. Some of your posts need some serious editing for added clarity.